MY EXPECTATIONS OF THE E-LEARNING MODULE
There are so many
stakeholders in digital technology in Higher Education that have high
and advanced expectations of e-learning courses, that I am hesitant to
verbalise my own.
First of all I would like to become skilled in the
on-line use of educational material, whether it is of my own design or
any one of the existent programs available on You Tube and e-Health. I
do not like asking other people to do my work for me (I am a bad manager
and delegator regarding that - I know what I want and sometimes feel
other people do not do it “my way”).
Well with e-learning there is NO
MY WAY – I feel I do not know what I am doing. If I look at the
wonderful videos on line, I realize I have a very long way still to go.
But like Lianne said – the module inspired her, and look where she is
now! Good for you, Lianne!
I would like to use an existing video that
is on You Tube regarding History Taking that I found very interesting
and educational. It is not a boring presentation and recaps basic
principles. I used it with the 4th year MBChB students as preparation
for the catch-up sessions of the students strikes for the Service
Learning block, and the results were much better than the previous
sessions. Feedback was good as well!
Together with it the students
will write an on-line test on blackboard on the day that they go out to
the community for the first time in their second year to assess if they
have met the objectives regarding the theory.
The skill will be
tested in the community while they are doing screening under the
supervision and assessment of facilitator, from SMU.
I would have
liked to have more time to embark on this journey that is talked about
and see where it will lead me. Service Learning is a course that has
integration from many disciplines in the MBChB curriculum that has to be
taken into account as academic rivalry can be a barrier to successful
teaching.
I am definitely going to implement digital media in the 4th
year SL curriculum, as it seems to have met with great satisfaction
from the majority of students.
No comments:
Post a Comment